BAKER - Coco's of Upland
Reports To: Manager or Supervisor on Duty
Position Summary: Perform tasks required to prepare all pies and bakery items to Coco’s and Carrows standards. Establish and monitor portion and waste control and maintain pars. Ensure that work area and storage locations are clean and well organized.
Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities listed below are of those that must be met to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an essential function. Team member must be certified in all 5 Star Levels preceding and including baker position.
- Take daily inventory of pies to maintain par levels. Discard pies that have passed the standard shelf life, logging and reporting all waste the the manager or supervisor on duty.
- Prepare signature and seasonal bakery goods following the correct procedures. Prepare all specialty bakery goods using proper standards.
- Maintain a system for ensuring that take out pie orders are filled and clearly marked for customer pick up.
- Prepare and bake all bakery products.
- Label and date each pie and store appropriate to standard.
- Ensure pre-order bakery orders are checked and ready for guest pick-up.
- Ensure that pie cases are full, and attractively decorated.
- Complete all assigned side work by the end of your shift, check out with the manager before clocking out.
- Handle complaints in a professional manner. Work with the servers and manager to resolve guest complaints about baked goods. Show pride in your work.
- Have the ability to obtain and maintain a state applicable food handler’s card.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform with well-groomed hair and acceptable personal hygiene. Consistently report for shifts as scheduled and be on time.
- Other duties may be assigned when not already occupied with the above functions.
- Guest Service - Respond promptly to guest needs. Solicit server and manager feedback to improve service. Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance. Demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guests and coworkers, involving appropriate people when making decisions.
- Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations. Listen and get clarification. Respond well to questions. Speak effectively with guests, coworkers and management.
- Team Work - Balance team and individual responsibilities. Give and welcome feedback. Support everyone's efforts to succeed, ask for and offer help when needed. Approach others in a tactful manner. React well under pressure. Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accept responsibility for own actions. Follow through on commitments. Follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Work Habits - Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Be motivated and measure self against expected standard. Meet productivity standards and complete work using time efficiently. Adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and changing approach or method to best fit the situation. Follow company policies and procedures. Observe safety and security procedures using equipment and materials properly and report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Approach to People - Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Promote a harassment-free environment. Treat people with respect and inspire the trust of others. Work with integrity and ethically. Uphold organizational values and Mission Statement.
- Language Ability - Ability to recognize order codes and product and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability - Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers using units of weight, measurement, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral, form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and hot oven and bakery product temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is the possibility of exposure to second-hand smoke.
While performing the duties of this position, the majority of the time the team member is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to walk and to wash their hands. The team member is occasionally required to sit, squat, climb, or balance. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Team member must be able to perform duties such as sweeping and wiping in order to clean the work station to standard. The team member must have visual, hearing and learning capabilities sufficient to perform the essential functions described above.