LINE COOK - Coco's of Anaheim
Reports To: Manager or Shift Lead on Duty
Position Summary: A cook contributes to the success of Coco’s and Carrows by executing tasks required to prepare all menu items with emphasis on quality, appearance, speed, portioning and food safety. Ensure that kitchen area, walk-in, storage area; prep bakery area and freezer are clean, sanitary and well organized.
Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities listed below are those that must be met successfully to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations Team member must be certified in all 5 Star Levels preceding and including the Line Cook position
- Practice excellent health, food safety and sanitation standards.
- Operate cooking equipment such as the grill, fryer, broiler, mixer, oven and steam table.
- Set up station according to restaurant standards.
- Memorize and follow all company’s standard recipes, cooking procedures and plate set-ups.
- Prepare orders as requested by the guest according to company time specifications.
- Prepare company’s pies to specific recipes ensuring the highest product quality.
- Learn new menu items and limited time offers as introduced.
- Work effectively with managers, servers, dish machine operators, fellow cooks.
- Call servers for timely delivery of food when orders are complete.
- Handle returned plates quickly and efficiently.
- Prepare food items for later use by weighing, measuring, portioning and thawing to specific standards.
- Maintain product rotation system to ensure quality and freshness.
- Assist with food deliveries to include checking product for quality and placing products in appropriate storage areas to ensure food safety.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of kitchen, walk-in cooler and all food storage areas.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including proper hygiene and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to take over your station.
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the manager at any time.
Shift Lead Duties: for those individuals designated as “Shift Lead” personnel, the following duties also apply:
- Cover for assistant managers while they are on a meal break.
- Set up shift using the FOH and BOH logs, make station assignment and print prep sheets.
- Supervise food production and guest service according to Shari’s standards.
- Handle guest complaints on shift and make the General Manager aware of any concerns.
- Check team member sidework and deep cleaning assignments.
- Oversee training that is scheduled on your shift.
- Understand Shari’s application process and provide information to candidates who inquired about applying.
- Report team member performance issues to your General Manager.
- Ensure that company policies as stated in Shari’s handbook are upheld and incidents are properly reported on your shift.
- Properly complete shift and daily accounting responsibilities. Follow Shari’s Security and Banking Procedures and Shari’s Cash Handling Policies.
- Other duties as assigned by your General Manager.
- Must take pride in every plate prepared.
- Able to take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and the ability to memorize recipes and plating standards.
- Meet productivity standards and complete work using time efficiently.
- Language Ability – Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability – Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers to include weights, measures and inventory for recipes and setting pars. Ability to perform these operations using US weight measurement and volume.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in situations.
- Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests, coworkers and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
- Permits – Ability to obtain and maintain a state applicable food handler’s card.
While performing the duties if this job, the team member is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the team member is required to stand for 2 hours at a time, up to 6-8 hours per day. Team member is required to walk for 2 hours at a time, up to 1-2 hours per day. Team member will be able to sit approximately every 2 hours. Team member continuously will be performing hand and wrist work including grasping. Team member will frequently bend and twist, push and pull and reach above the shoulder. Team member will occasionally kneel or squat. The position will seldom require fine hand manipulation or climb/stairs. Team member will continuously lift or carry 0-10 pounds and occasionally lift or carry 11-20 pounds and rarely lift 21-35 pounds.