SERVER - Carrows of South Pasadena
Reports To: Manager or Shift Lead on Duty
Position Summary: A host contributes to the success of Coco’s and Carrows by demonstrating exceptional hospitality at the beginning and end of each guest’s dining experience. In addition, a host maintains the cashier and foyer areas in a clean and orderly manner throughout their shift and assists servers with beverages, delivering food and bussing tables.
Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities listed below are those that must be met to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an essential function. Team member must be certified in all 5 star functions preceding and including Host/Cashier position.
- Provide a high level of hospitality to guests entering and leaving the restaurant. Make an effort to recognize regular guests.
- Answer the restaurant’s phone and assist with guests’ inquiries.
- Warmly acknowledge and “Welcome” guests as they arrive at the restaurant, escort and seat guests at an appropriate table, assist guest with special seating requirements.
- Maintain an organized and accurate waiting list when immediate seating is not available.
- Seat guest to standard based on the 5 star program.
- Assist servers with refilling beverages, delivering meals and pre-bussing tables as needed.
- Cash out guest’s check by accurately processing various forms of payments and discounts.
- Inquire about the dining experience for each guest as they are cashed out.
- Clean and reset tables as needed.
- Clean, rotate and stock pie case. Discard pies based on company standard logging and reporting all waste to the supervisor or manager on duty
- Actively promote the sale of whole pies and retail items as guest’s cash out. Suggestive selling is a must.
- Assist guests, servers and cooks with the production and assembly of takeout orders.
- Assist with preparing and packaging pies.
- Maintain a professional appearance including personal hygiene and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to work.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional relationship with coworkers and the management team, graciously offer and accept help when needed.
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and notify management immediately of any guest complaint.
- Keep the foyer, cash area, restrooms and pie case neat, organized, cleaned and stocked; complete side work during non-busy hours.
- Protect restaurant guests by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the manager at any time.
- Commitment to quality guest service and hospitality.
- Be personable, self-confident and generally likable. Be optimistic and enthusiastic about what you do.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under varying degrees of busyness.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and the ability count back change and follow recipes and
- Portions when preparing beverages.
- Meet productivity standards and complete work using time efficiently.
- Language Ability - Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability - Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and count back appropriate change. Ability to perform these operations using units of United States money and weight measurement, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral, form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in situations.
- Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests, coworkers and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
- Permits – Obtain and maintain required food handler and alcohol service permits.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the team member is required to stand or walk for 2 hours at a time, up to 6 hours. Team member will be able to sit approximately every 2 hours. Team member will continuously be performing hand and wrist work including grasping. Team member will frequently bend and twist. Team member will occasionally push and pull and reach above the shoulder. Team member will seldom be pushing/pulling, doing any fine manipulation, kneeling, squatting or climbing. Team member will continuously lift or carry 1-10 pounds; occasionally lift or carry 11- 20 pounds.